Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Long Sleeve Flower tee

I started with 2 tees, one was a super sheer shirt that I had to have (but never wore). The other was a long sleeve shirt in almost that identical color.

I cut flowers from the sheer tee... 21 larger flowers - these measured approx. 3.5" across (note they are not perfectly shaped).
Then cut 33 1 1/2" flowers.
Each flower cluster has 3 pieces. I positioned the small flowers so the petals alternated & then sewed them long the right side of the shirt along the neckline.





5 flower clusters were at the neck rib seam, the remaining 4 clusters were nestled in between the first row of flowers 1 row down. These ran over on to the left side of the shirt for a non-symmetrical look.
Instead of just tacking them, I stitched them with an “X”. So when I wear the shirt, this stitching holds the flower open a bit more for a fuller look.
The Larger flowers I positioned the same alternating fashion so no petals were fully overlapped. I grouped these flower clusters starting where I left off with the small flowers and extended the large petal clusters on to the left shoulder. I used the same “X” stitch here.
I just sewed all the flowers on & trimmed all the loose threads when I was done. I love the way this shirt turned out & have worn it once & received many compliments on it.
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment