Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Colored Rice (and noodles)

Last week Peepers was a downtown school & there was colors rice at the sensory table. He loved it! So I found instructions for colored rice. I also found instructions for colored noodles. I thought the noodles would be fun for making necklaces. I thought, as long as I'm going to make a mess, I would mix'em & make both. I concocted my own instructions.
2 cups uncooked instant rice

1 cup uncooked penne pasta

1/4 cup vinegar

10 drops food coloring

Mix well in zip lock bag
Let set for 15-20 minutes. Spread out on a layer of paper towels on a cookie sheet & let dry for a few hours (or overnight).
CRAFT FAILURE: the rice got all stuck in the penne, so if you decide to make this, do not mix Rice & Pasta in the same bag. Also, the pasta did not take the color as well as the rice did.
When you are all done, you have a container of colored rice that look like...
Peepers had a ton of fun with this.
Another warning: Some spillage may occur...
If your looking for a fun Easter project for colored rice, check out what DANA MADE.
Thank You, Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment