Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Neck Gator

Hi All,
Here is a little project I worked on a few weeks ago when the weather started to get cold because my little man said "Don't zip my jacket up - it is buggin' me." I thought he needs a way to keep warm with out his jacket bugging him, so I made him a neck gator. I let him pick out the fabric... John Deere fleece.

Cut a piece 20" x 10" (for an adult version I cut the fabric 28 " x 16"). I made it long enough so it could be pulled up over his nose, like a mask, if he wanted to wear it that way.

Fold your neck gator in half, I used a plate to shape the bottom edge. Measure 4" down & 4" in along the unfolded edge & cut your curved shape.

Your neck gator should look something like this...Fold the long straight edge over 1" & sew a casing for the elastic - the elastic measured 18" - so it has a little give to stay up over your nose.


Sew on a piece of hook & loop along the short edges - this is also how I secured the elastic in place.




Thank You, Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment