Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Scrabble Charm Bracelet

Hi All,

Here is a quick tutorial of the Scrabble Charm Bracelet I made my Mom's Birthday Present.

I had found a Scrabble game a while back as Goodwill  - I was super excited to find it, because there are a number of Scrabble crafts floating around in my head that I wanted to make or use for scrap booking, etc.

Scrabble tiles are 18mm wide X 20 mm tall.

1. Place a piece of masking or painters tape over the tile to protect it from the drill
2. Mark 9mm over & 4mm down for the center of the hole.
3. Drill hole - we (My Husband) carefully drilled a pilot hole & then used a slightly larger drill bit for the finished hole.  The finished hole measured approx 2mm in diameter. 

***We practiced on the "X" first - I didn't want to risk any precious letters :)
 You can simply add a jump ring here & you are ready to wear OR ...
You can add a photo/picture to the back.

4. I printed out photos of Mom's 3 grandkids at 15mm X 15mm
5. Mod Podge the photo to the back of the Scrabble tile - let dry a few hours
6. Added a thin layer of Diamond Glaze over the photo - let dry over night
7. Add jump ring & wear
 ***While the Mod Podge & Diamond Glaze are wet, I used  needle to make sure the hole was not clogged



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
Love, Karla

Skip To My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment