Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Straw Necklace


Do you ever have one of those ideas that you can't believe you had not thought of it sooner?

Here is mine... the Straw Necklace!
This box of wonderful colored straws was under 2.00!

I cut the straws into 1" lengths (+/- a 1/4")
Mix it with a few beads from your existing bead stash or
 re-purpose beads from a broken/unworn necklace.
I used cross stitch floss for the cording & just starting stringing the gold beads with the straw beads.

I decided to go with multiple strands for this first ones.


Finish off with a clasp & wear!


I cut up a bunch of straws into 1/2" pieces & used  shoestrings for the kids to make necklaces during a rainy spell at the cabin.


Thank You, Karla

Tip Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea! I have to admit when you started out the blog saying you were using straws to make a necklace, I had my doubts. And it looks fabulous! Super great idea...really, why have I not seen this everywhere?

    ReplyDelete