Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Relay For Life - 30 days to raise $300.00

Hi All,


Many of you have already received a letter from me requesting sponsorship in the Relay for Life. My Goal was to raise $300.00 in 30 days. To my surprise, I got $300.00 in donations with in the first 24 hours!!!

This is amazing - I am truly touched by my friends, family & co-workers generosity to help battle cancer.

I thought I would post my letter here to, just in you were not on the e-mail.

Your support is much appreciated - even if you cannot support monetarily, please support in spirit!


The fight against cancer goes on and I know someday, we are going to win this battle!



Hardly anyone I know can say they DON'T have a friend, relative or co-worker that has battled this terrible disease. I'm asking for your help in raising funds because I think it's important that we all join together to help win.


The best way to fight against cancer is through the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. I will be dedicating my walk to my sister-in –law Lynn Sandboe who on 11/11/11 lost her battle with cancer. Lynn suffered from pancreatic cancer for only 101 short days.


Relay for Life is a team event that celebrates cancer survivors, and raises funds for the American Cancer Society research, education, prevention, advocacy and patient services. It is a fun, outdoor and overnight fundraising event where teams take turns walking or running around a track.


My team, “The Nelsen Cancer Crushers” will have10 people on it, but will be joined by hundreds of others on Friday, July 27th at the White Bear Lake High School. Millions of people nationwide take part in Relay for Life events around the country. The Relay raises over 40% of the funding for the American Cancer Society.


The Relay starts off with a Survivor's Walk at 7:00 Friday night, where cancer survivors walk the initial lap, symbolizing the courage that survivors and their families display and sustain in their lives.


How can you help?


You can support the fight by making a tax-deductible contribution to the American Cancer Society. GIVE IF YOU CAN, GIVE WHAT YOU CAN, $10, $20, $50 or whatever your budget will allow – IT ALL HELPS. My personal fundraising goal is $300.00


If you would like to donate, Please visit my page.


Additionally, you may purchase a luminaria to honor someone fighting cancer or in remembrance of someone who has lost their battle with cancer. Please use this link for dedicating a luminaria.


During the Luminaria Ceremony, candles are placed in luminary bags and will be lit at 9:30 Friday night. The votives burn throughout the night, serving as a reminder of the purpose of Relay for Life.


Relay for Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported and that one day cancer will be eliminated.


I hope you can support me in the fight against cancer!


Thank you, Karla

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if you want to make a check/cash donation.


Relay for Life: There is no finish line until there's a cure!
Anders with Anutie Lynn & Uncle Rodd Spring 2010

Anders with Auntie Lynn Fall 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment