Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Musical Garland

This year I thought about having a musical themed Christmas tree - I look at every thrift store in my neighborhood to find an old music book (with nice yellowed pages). But alas, could not find one, so I resorted to printing off music sheets from on-line.

I printed them double sided for this project & cut them in 1.5" x 1.5" squared with an old school paper cutter. I then took 2 squares & sewed them together from point to point - stitch length set to as long as it can go (basically a basting stitch).

*** make sure change back to a new needle after this project - sewing on paper is just like cutting paper with your fabric scissors... they will never be the same again.
I sewed 25 squares together in a chain about 3" apart. Then pinch open the squares to form a little star like shape.

I then wrapped this musical garland around the stairs in our front entry.

Super simple craft & it was basically free.

I made a few strands of 3, 4 & 5 squares and hung them from the chandelier over our dining room table... here I intermixed some red paper squares with the musical paper.

Fun for Any Holiday, not just Christmas!
Oh... I made a JOY banner just like I did a BOO banner.

Thanks, Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment